An overall view of the Americas’ regional LNG supplies and import markets and their influence in the global gas industry
Rob Smith, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Oil & Natural Gas, U.S. Department of Energy
Global LNG supply & demand balance: An overview for 2017 – 2020
- Expected growth, new markets and new applications for LNG
- New energy and environmental policies and their effects on gas demand
- New trends of sellers moving further downstream to create LNG demand
- How much oversupply is there relative to firm LNG demand?
- How quickly can new LNG demand be created?
- Where are the demands sinks for LNG short term?
- How can everybody in the value chain work together to improve LNG competitiveness?
North America LNG export projects 2017 – 2020
- Outlook for USLNG economics
- Likely trade flows
- How much capacity is likely to run?
Latin America & the Caribbean: What is the role of the region in the global market?
An analysis of the new US political horizon and its impact on LNG
Understanding the new US energy policy
- What will be the role of gas in the new energy plans?
- How can the new administration help the industry in beating oversupply and growing demand?
New border policies and its impact on international trade
- How is this going to affect US LNG projects?
- What happens to TPP?
- The present and future of US and Mexico’s relationships
- What changes can we expect between the US and Asia?
- How does Canada fit in the equation for gas?
Putting it all together: North America LNG export projects 2020 – 2025
- Liquefaction cost reductions
- The outlook for HH longer term
- The ability of new projects to secure long term off-takers
- What are the changes and how are sellers adapting to buyers requirements?
- Is there any standardisation developing in LNG contracting to cope with the increasing number of contracts needed?
- Volume flexibility and seasonal intra- year flexibility
- Cargo cancellation options
- Are FOB contracts still popular or are sellers seeing more demand for DES sales?
- Removal of Destination restrictions
- Creating the ability for structural LNG freight swaps and vessel optimisation
A: USLNG and Canadian exports
- Are new LNG projects downsizing to match buyers’ requirements?
- Will LNG aggregators continue to play a significant role in the off-take of new LNG projects?
B: Emerging markets
A unique opportunity to make new contacts and discuss key challenges over a drink at this fun and informal networking gathering.
- What will be the role of LNG in global energy strategies in the next few years?
- How is the new US government impacting the LNG global industry?
- How can North and Latin America better work together to develop a long-term sustainable business?
- What are the new trends in LNG contracting in the Americas?
- How can new technologies bring down supply cost and open new markets?
- Is LNG as a fuel a potential strong source of demand in the continent?
- How much volume is likely to be traded short term and spot by 2020 in the region?
© The CWC Group 2017